The success of the MYL post-editor certification programme depends upon selection of qualified linguists who are experienced in each speciality. Post-editors must be able to satisfy the first seven of MYL’s “Eight Skills Test”. Once post-editors have delivered 10,000 words of post-editing without any complaints they will have passed MYL’s “Eight Skills Test” and earn MYL’s Post-Editor Certification.
This ensures that we stand the best chance possible of meeting our Clients’ expectations, and creating a sustainable business for MYL and its post-editors.
1. Native speaker of target language.
2. Demonstrated expertise in area(s) of specialisation.
3. Passed translation and post-editing tests related to their specialisation(s).
4. University graduate with degree related to translation.
5. Not allowed to specialise in more than two areas.
6. Minimum of three years of translation or post-editing experience.
7. Translation Memory (TM) enabled.
8. Minimum of 10,000 words of post-editing, with no complaint issues.